PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
MINT Jewellers are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MINT Jewellers may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Your name, surname, username, title, date of birth
- Your contact information including billing address, delivery address email address, contact number.
- Financial Data: card payment details
- Profile Data your username, password, purchases or orders made by you.
- Information about how you use our products, website & services.
- Marketing & Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties and your communication preferences.
- IP address from which you accessed the website, the pages you visit, information about your device type, operating system type and browser type
- Any other information relevant to completing our online forms
HOW YOUR DATA IS COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Creating an account or profile on our website;
- Newsletter Subscription;
- Entering a competition or promotion
- Making a purchase
- Online Purchases: when you make an online purchase we will record Transaction Data, Profiles Data, Usage Data as wells as Identity, Contact and Financial Data.
The information we collect:
We collect information from you when you complete our on-line forms, by means of 'persistent cookies' when you use our site, and in the form of 'traffic data'.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION GATHERED:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may contact you by email, phone, SMS or mail.
We collect information you give us when you complete our 'Online forms'. We require only the information we need to provide a service to you, such as your name, postal address, telephone number and email address. Where we would like more information to help us improve our services, over and above the basic required information, it will be clear that your response is voluntary and you are free not to provide us with more information if you would prefer not to do so.
SOCIAL NETWORKING PRESENCE
We have a presence on social networking platforms such as Facebook and Instagram (MINT Jewellers). These accounts are used to post information such as special offers and information related to our work. These accounts are not monitored. Please be aware that any responses to our content on these social media platforms is done so through your own choice, at your own risk and without expectation of privacy.
We say this because we are not able to control how other users on these platforms may act. We are also not able to control how these platforms may use your personal data nor do we endorse how these services use personal data.
The links below list our social media account platforms with links to their privacy and cookie notices. We advise you to read these policies in advance of using their services. Please be aware that when you click these links, you are leaving our website and we have no control over these third-party websites use of personal data or cookies.
Cookies are small text files which are often stored on your computer's hard drive by websites you visit to enable the site to 'remember' who you are. We use a type of cookie called a 'persistent cookie' to provide added functionality on our website. These persistent cookies store your user name and a unique ID but do not contain any information that personally identifies you, such as a name or address. We use persistent cookies when you log onto our site to stop you having to re-type information and they remain on your hard disk until you delete them.
Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies and you should be able to restrict or disable them if you wish by adjusting the settings on your browser. This will however affect your use of the areas of our site that use persistent cookies, such as the login areas. We do not use 'spyware', that is web bugs or hidden identifiers or other similar devices to gain access to information, store hidden information or to trace your activities. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to restrict or disable cookies, see the IAB website at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our ISP's servers, and which we analyse. This includes your IP address, the URL you visited before ours, the URL you visit after leaving our site and which pages you visit on our site. We do not store or analyse this traffic data in a way that identifies you as an individual.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at our registered office address: MINT Jewellers, 2 Earl Street, Dundalk, Co Louth
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable and is currently €10. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to MINT Jewellers, 2 Earl Street, Dundalk, Co Louth, Ireland.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We do have relationships with carefully-selected suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit.
- Google Maps. [Cookie name: NNID PREF]
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the article, Internet Browser cookies- what they are and how to manage them.
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.